Installing local Bibles
In the event that your local host responds with an error during installing process, there is a few options
- Ask your hosting provider to increase your PHP limitations.
- Add some tweaks to the php.ini file, and enter some protection in the .htaccess file.
Ask Your Host
This is be far the safer option if you are not familiar with your hosting environment.
Ask them to change the memory_limit to 65M and the post_max_size to 65M in the php.ini file
Add Some Tweaks (Linux Servers only)
This is only for advanced users, the responsibility is on you, make sure you know what you are doing. Here is the basic outline of steps you would need to take.
- Find out if you can add a local php.ini file to your account
- If you can add a local override, then in your root of your website add a file with the name php.ini
- In side this file add the following two lines
post_max_size = 65M memory_limit = 65M
- Save and close this php.ini file, and open your .htaccess file
- Add the following lines of code to the top of your .htaccess file, only replace the file path to that of your own public_html folder where the php.ini file is saved.
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username/public_html/php.ini <Files php.ini> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>
- Then save and close this .htaccess file and your ready to try the installation process again
What does it do!
It loads the scripture in your Joomla content in four ways.
- Tooltip [tip]
- Popup [pop]
- Off-canvas [can]
- In Line [in]
- Link [link]
These display options can be set in two ways
- Globally in the plugin settings
- Via a tag in the scripture line
You can also set a default version in the plugin settings, but this also can be set via a tag added to the scripture line.Demonstration Download Plugin
How does it work
You add a scripture line like you would normally
1 John 3:16
Then you would add some span tag around this scripture line
<span>1 John 3:16</span>
Then you add a class to the span tag. This class can be changed in the plugin settings. The default class is "getBible"
<span class="getBible">1 John 3:16</span>
This will result in the scripture loading in your content with the default display and version set in the plugin. Our default display is Tooltip, and version KJV.
1 John 3:16
You can then change the version by adding a tag to the scripture line inside two brackets like (aov).
<span class="getBible">1 John 3:16 (aov)</span>
1 John 3:16
You can then change the display option by adding a tag to the scripture line inside two square brackets like [can].
<span class="getBible">1 John 3:16 (moderngreek) [can]</span>
You can then add more verses.
<span class="getBible">1 John 3:1-2,16,20-23 (swahili) [pop]</span>
You can load more then one passage at a time.
<p>The Lord spake to Moses. <span class="getBible">Exodus 3:4; Act 7:31 [in]</span> Moses responded, and so should you. God is still calling men today to stand as ambassadors of His purpose.</p>
The Lord spake to Moses. loading Exodus 3:4; Act 7:31 ... Moses responded, and so should you. God is still calling men today to stand as ambassadors of His purpose.
You can even load a whole book or chapter at a time.
<p>Lets look at <span class="getBible">3 John (amp)[can]</span> the shortest book and <span class="getBible">Psalms 119 (ylt)[pop]</span> the longest chapter!</p>
Turing the scripture into a link that opens in the app page is also easy.
<p>Lets open <span class="getBible">John 17:2-3,7,9,20 (akjv) [link]</span> in the app page!</p>
Lets open John 17:2-3,7,9,20 (AKJV) in the app page!