WORD Research this...Ezekiel 13
- 1 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
- 2 Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the Lord;
- 3 Thus saith the Lord God; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing!
- 4 O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts.
- 5 Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the Lord.
- 6 They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The Lord saith: and the Lord hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word.
- 7 Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The Lord saith it; albeit I have not spoken?
- 8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord God.
- 9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.
- 10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:
- 11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.
- 12 Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it?
- 13 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it.
- 14 So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
- 15 Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it;
- 16 To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord God.
- 17 Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them,
- 18 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you?
- 19 And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
- 20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.
- 21 Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
- 22 Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:
- 23 Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
King James Version (kjv - 3.1)2023-07-19
This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers. The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England.
The Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon that is keyed to Strong's numbers.
Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base Greek text with Strong's and Morphology.
We are also appreciative of formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals.
Version 3.1 incorporates a more recent set of TR data from Dr. Maurice Robinson than was used in all the earlier versions. The TR data was obtained in 2016 from the Greek New Testament sources website
This was integrated into the OSIS source files of an intermediate version 2.9a hosted at
It is in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely for any purpose.
Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort is held by CrossWire Bible Society © 2003-2023 and CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for any purpose.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible.English
- Distribution Abbreviation: kjv
- Fixed .conf file GlobalOptionFilters
- Added Feature StrongsNumbers to configuration
- Added Morph option
- Fixed Psalm Titles to use correct GBF tags HT and Ht
- Changed New Testament to use a snapshot of the KJV2003 Project
- Changed Old Testament to use OSIS tags, removing the last of the GBF markup. Also updated to 20030624 snapshot of KJV2003. Compressed.
- Updated to 20040121 snapshot of KJV2003.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs. Added Greek from TR.
- Added GlobalOptionFilter for OSISLemma
- Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
- (2015-12-20) Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
- (2016-01-21) Added markup to notes. Improved markup of Selah.
- (2021-04-04) Fixed errant article Strong's markup in Rom.3.26
- (2023-06-27) Updated the TR data in 5888 verses. Correction of Ps.2.4: the Lord → the
Lord.\ MOD-448: many errors with strong as G3688, should be G3588.\ Five locations where small caps is inappropriate, Lordchange for LORDExodus 28:36; 39:30, Deuteronomy 28:58, Jeremiah 23:6, Zechariah 14:20.\ MOD-411: Psalm 80, Shoshannim–eduth → Shoshannim–Eduth.\ MOD-408: italics in Nahum 1:3, ( hath) → (in Numbers 16:13. Duplicated entry in Eph. 3.20, spurious comma in Gn 1.2 and 2.9. Ezra 5:3,6; 6.6,13: morph="strongMorph:TH8674 changed for lemma="strong:H08674. hath).\ MOD-358: Missing red letter markup in Luke 11:2, red marker moved before 'When'.\ MOD-413 multiple text issues (italics, spelling, ...).\ MOD-441: Missing strong number for the seventh word.\ MOD-419: Spurious "or" removed; Exodus 17:15 "Jehovah–nissi" → "JEHOVAH–nissi".\ 1 John 2:23 has "(but)" whereas Blayney has "[but]"; Correction of some morph errors in I Corinthians 3:13 A-GMS → A-GSM; I Corinthians 11:6 and 14:24 N-NAM → N-NSM; Hb 9.13, 10.4: N-GMP → N-GPM; I Cor 7:37 2 change for 12; 1Chr.27.12 Abi-ezer → abiezer; Exod.17.15: Jehovah → JEHOVAH.\ Correction of Jer.23.6: L → LORD; MOD-376: Mk 1:10.19 have a wrong strong number: 1492. The correct number is 3708. Correction of rdg attribute type="alternative" (2.9) to "alternate". Misplaced
- (2023-07-19) Conf version updated to 3.1 to match KJVA version.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Ezekiel 13:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.