WORD Research this...Ezekiel 29
- 1 In the tenth year, in the tenth month, in the twelfth day of the month, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
- 2 Son of man, set thy face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt:
- 3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.
- 4 But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.
- 5 And I will leave thee thrown into the wilderness, thee and all the fish of thy rivers: thou shalt fall upon the open fields; thou shalt not be brought together, nor gathered: I have given thee for meat to the beasts of the field and to the fowls of the heaven.
- 6 And all the inhabitants of Egypt shall know that I am the Lord, because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel.
- 7 When they took hold of thee by thy hand, thou didst break, and rend all their shoulder: and when they leaned upon thee, thou brakest, and madest all their loins to be at a stand.
- 8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.
- 9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.
- 10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.
- 11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.
- 12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
- 13 Yet thus saith the Lord God; At the end of forty years will I gather the Egyptians from the people whither they were scattered:
- 14 And I will bring again the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return into the land of Pathros, into the land of their habitation; and they shall be there a base kingdom.
- 15 It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations.
- 16 And it shall be no more the confidence of the house of Israel, which bringeth their iniquity to remembrance, when they shall look after them: but they shall know that I am the Lord God.
- 17 And it came to pass in the seven and twentieth year, in the first month, in the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
- 18 Son of man, Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon caused his army to serve a great service against Tyrus: every head was made bald, and every shoulder was peeled: yet had he no wages, nor his army, for Tyrus, for the service that he had served against it:
- 19 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
- 20 I have given him the land of Egypt for his labour wherewith he served against it, because they wrought for me, saith the Lord God.
- 21 In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the Lord.
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
King James Version (kjv - 3.1)2023-07-19
This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers. The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England.
The Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon that is keyed to Strong's numbers.
Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base Greek text with Strong's and Morphology.
We are also appreciative of formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals.
Version 3.1 incorporates a more recent set of TR data from Dr. Maurice Robinson than was used in all the earlier versions. The TR data was obtained in 2016 from the Greek New Testament sources website
This was integrated into the OSIS source files of an intermediate version 2.9a hosted at
It is in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely for any purpose.
Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort is held by CrossWire Bible Society © 2003-2023 and CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for any purpose.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible.English
- Distribution Abbreviation: kjv
- Fixed .conf file GlobalOptionFilters
- Added Feature StrongsNumbers to configuration
- Added Morph option
- Fixed Psalm Titles to use correct GBF tags HT and Ht
- Changed New Testament to use a snapshot of the KJV2003 Project
- Changed Old Testament to use OSIS tags, removing the last of the GBF markup. Also updated to 20030624 snapshot of KJV2003. Compressed.
- Updated to 20040121 snapshot of KJV2003.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs. Added Greek from TR.
- Added GlobalOptionFilter for OSISLemma
- Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
- (2015-12-20) Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
- (2016-01-21) Added markup to notes. Improved markup of Selah.
- (2021-04-04) Fixed errant article Strong's markup in Rom.3.26
- (2023-06-27) Updated the TR data in 5888 verses. Correction of Ps.2.4: the Lord → the
Lord.\ MOD-448: many errors with strong as G3688, should be G3588.\ Five locations where small caps is inappropriate, Lordchange for LORDExodus 28:36; 39:30, Deuteronomy 28:58, Jeremiah 23:6, Zechariah 14:20.\ MOD-411: Psalm 80, Shoshannim–eduth → Shoshannim–Eduth.\ MOD-408: italics in Nahum 1:3, ( hath) → (in Numbers 16:13. Duplicated entry in Eph. 3.20, spurious comma in Gn 1.2 and 2.9. Ezra 5:3,6; 6.6,13: morph="strongMorph:TH8674 changed for lemma="strong:H08674. hath).\ MOD-358: Missing red letter markup in Luke 11:2, red marker moved before 'When'.\ MOD-413 multiple text issues (italics, spelling, ...).\ MOD-441: Missing strong number for the seventh word.\ MOD-419: Spurious "or" removed; Exodus 17:15 "Jehovah–nissi" → "JEHOVAH–nissi".\ 1 John 2:23 has "(but)" whereas Blayney has "[but]"; Correction of some morph errors in I Corinthians 3:13 A-GMS → A-GSM; I Corinthians 11:6 and 14:24 N-NAM → N-NSM; Hb 9.13, 10.4: N-GMP → N-GPM; I Cor 7:37 2 change for 12; 1Chr.27.12 Abi-ezer → abiezer; Exod.17.15: Jehovah → JEHOVAH.\ Correction of Jer.23.6: L → LORD; MOD-376: Mk 1:10.19 have a wrong strong number: 1492. The correct number is 3708. Correction of rdg attribute type="alternative" (2.9) to "alternate". Misplaced
- (2023-07-19) Conf version updated to 3.1 to match KJVA version.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Ezekiel 29:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.