WORD Research this...Ezekiel 43
- 1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east:
- 2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
- 3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.
- 4 And the glory of the Lord came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
- 5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house.
- 6 And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.
- 7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.
- 8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.
- 9 Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
- 10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
- 11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
- 12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold, this is the law of the house.
- 13 And these are the measures of the altar after the cubits: The cubit is a cubit and an hand breadth; even the bottom shall be a cubit, and the breadth a cubit, and the border thereof by the edge thereof round about shall be a span: and this shall be the higher place of the altar.
- 14 And from the bottom upon the ground even to the lower settle shall be two cubits, and the breadth one cubit; and from the lesser settle even to the greater settle shall be four cubits, and the breadth one cubit.
- 15 So the altar shall be four cubits; and from the altar and upward shall be four horns.
- 16 And the altar shall be twelve cubits long, twelve broad, square in the four squares thereof.
- 17 And the settle shall be fourteen cubits long and fourteen broad in the four squares thereof; and the border about it shall be half a cubit; and the bottom thereof shall be a cubit about; and his stairs shall look toward the east.
- 18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
- 19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
- 20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
- 21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.
- 22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock.
- 23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish.
- 24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord.
- 25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish.
- 26 Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.
- 27 And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord God.
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
King James Version (kjv - 3.1)2023-07-19
This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers. The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England.
The Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon that is keyed to Strong's numbers.
Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base Greek text with Strong's and Morphology.
We are also appreciative of formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals.
Version 3.1 incorporates a more recent set of TR data from Dr. Maurice Robinson than was used in all the earlier versions. The TR data was obtained in 2016 from the Greek New Testament sources website
This was integrated into the OSIS source files of an intermediate version 2.9a hosted at
It is in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely for any purpose.
Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort is held by CrossWire Bible Society © 2003-2023 and CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for any purpose.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible.English
- Distribution Abbreviation: kjv
- Fixed .conf file GlobalOptionFilters
- Added Feature StrongsNumbers to configuration
- Added Morph option
- Fixed Psalm Titles to use correct GBF tags HT and Ht
- Changed New Testament to use a snapshot of the KJV2003 Project
- Changed Old Testament to use OSIS tags, removing the last of the GBF markup. Also updated to 20030624 snapshot of KJV2003. Compressed.
- Updated to 20040121 snapshot of KJV2003.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs. Added Greek from TR.
- Added GlobalOptionFilter for OSISLemma
- Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
- (2015-12-20) Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
- (2016-01-21) Added markup to notes. Improved markup of Selah.
- (2021-04-04) Fixed errant article Strong's markup in Rom.3.26
- (2023-06-27) Updated the TR data in 5888 verses. Correction of Ps.2.4: the Lord → the
Lord.\ MOD-448: many errors with strong as G3688, should be G3588.\ Five locations where small caps is inappropriate, Lordchange for LORDExodus 28:36; 39:30, Deuteronomy 28:58, Jeremiah 23:6, Zechariah 14:20.\ MOD-411: Psalm 80, Shoshannim–eduth → Shoshannim–Eduth.\ MOD-408: italics in Nahum 1:3, ( hath) → (in Numbers 16:13. Duplicated entry in Eph. 3.20, spurious comma in Gn 1.2 and 2.9. Ezra 5:3,6; 6.6,13: morph="strongMorph:TH8674 changed for lemma="strong:H08674. hath).\ MOD-358: Missing red letter markup in Luke 11:2, red marker moved before 'When'.\ MOD-413 multiple text issues (italics, spelling, ...).\ MOD-441: Missing strong number for the seventh word.\ MOD-419: Spurious "or" removed; Exodus 17:15 "Jehovah–nissi" → "JEHOVAH–nissi".\ 1 John 2:23 has "(but)" whereas Blayney has "[but]"; Correction of some morph errors in I Corinthians 3:13 A-GMS → A-GSM; I Corinthians 11:6 and 14:24 N-NAM → N-NSM; Hb 9.13, 10.4: N-GMP → N-GPM; I Cor 7:37 2 change for 12; 1Chr.27.12 Abi-ezer → abiezer; Exod.17.15: Jehovah → JEHOVAH.\ Correction of Jer.23.6: L → LORD; MOD-376: Mk 1:10.19 have a wrong strong number: 1492. The correct number is 3708. Correction of rdg attribute type="alternative" (2.9) to "alternate". Misplaced
- (2023-07-19) Conf version updated to 3.1 to match KJVA version.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Ezekiel 43:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.