WORD Research this...John 10
- 1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
- 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
- 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
- 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
- 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
- 6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
- 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
- 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
- 9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
- 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
- 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
- 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
- 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
- 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
- 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
- 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
- 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
- 19 There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
- 20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
- 21 Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
- 22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
- 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon’s porch.
- 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
- 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
- 26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
- 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
- 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
- 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
- 30 I and my Father are one.
- 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
- 32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
- 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
- 34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
- 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
- 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
- 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
- 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
- 39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
- 40 And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
- 41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
- 42 And many believed on him there.
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
King James Version (kjv - 3.1)2023-07-19
This is the King James Version of the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized Version) with embedded Strong's Numbers. The rights to the base text are held by the Crown of England.
The Strong's numbers in the OT were obtained from The Bible Foundation: http://www.bf.org. The NT Strong's data was obtained from The KJV2003 Project at CrossWire: http://www.crosswire.org. These mechanisms provide a useful means for looking up the exact original language word in a lexicon that is keyed to Strong's numbers.
Special thanks to the volunteers at Bible Foundation for keying the Hebrew/English data and of Project KJV2003 for working toward the completion of synchronizing the English phrases to the Stephanas Textus Receptus, and to Dr. Maurice Robinson for providing the base Greek text with Strong's and Morphology.
We are also appreciative of formatting markup that was provided by Michael Paul Johnson at http://www.ebible.org. Their time and generosity to contribute such for the free use of the Body of Christ is a great blessing and this derivitive work could not have been possible without these efforts of so many individuals.
Version 3.1 incorporates a more recent set of TR data from Dr. Maurice Robinson than was used in all the earlier versions. The TR data was obtained in 2016 from the Greek New Testament sources website
This was integrated into the OSIS source files of an intermediate version 2.9a hosted at
It is in this spirit that we in turn offer the KJV2003 Project text freely for any purpose.
Any copyright that might be obtained for this effort is held by CrossWire Bible Society © 2003-2023 and CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use this text for any purpose.
Inquiries and comments may be directed to:
CrossWire Bible Society
- Encoding: UTF-8
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible.English
- Distribution Abbreviation: kjv
- Fixed .conf file GlobalOptionFilters
- Added Feature StrongsNumbers to configuration
- Added Morph option
- Fixed Psalm Titles to use correct GBF tags HT and Ht
- Changed New Testament to use a snapshot of the KJV2003 Project
- Changed Old Testament to use OSIS tags, removing the last of the GBF markup. Also updated to 20030624 snapshot of KJV2003. Compressed.
- Updated to 20040121 snapshot of KJV2003.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs.
- Fixed bugs. Added Greek from TR.
- Added GlobalOptionFilter for OSISLemma
- Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
- (2015-12-20) Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
- (2016-01-21) Added markup to notes. Improved markup of Selah.
- (2021-04-04) Fixed errant article Strong's markup in Rom.3.26
- (2023-06-27) Updated the TR data in 5888 verses. Correction of Ps.2.4: the Lord → the
Lord.\ MOD-448: many errors with strong as G3688, should be G3588.\ Five locations where small caps is inappropriate, Lordchange for LORDExodus 28:36; 39:30, Deuteronomy 28:58, Jeremiah 23:6, Zechariah 14:20.\ MOD-411: Psalm 80, Shoshannim–eduth → Shoshannim–Eduth.\ MOD-408: italics in Nahum 1:3, ( hath) → (in Numbers 16:13. Duplicated entry in Eph. 3.20, spurious comma in Gn 1.2 and 2.9. Ezra 5:3,6; 6.6,13: morph="strongMorph:TH8674 changed for lemma="strong:H08674. hath).\ MOD-358: Missing red letter markup in Luke 11:2, red marker moved before 'When'.\ MOD-413 multiple text issues (italics, spelling, ...).\ MOD-441: Missing strong number for the seventh word.\ MOD-419: Spurious "or" removed; Exodus 17:15 "Jehovah–nissi" → "JEHOVAH–nissi".\ 1 John 2:23 has "(but)" whereas Blayney has "[but]"; Correction of some morph errors in I Corinthians 3:13 A-GMS → A-GSM; I Corinthians 11:6 and 14:24 N-NAM → N-NSM; Hb 9.13, 10.4: N-GMP → N-GPM; I Cor 7:37 2 change for 12; 1Chr.27.12 Abi-ezer → abiezer; Exod.17.15: Jehovah → JEHOVAH.\ Correction of Jer.23.6: L → LORD; MOD-376: Mk 1:10.19 have a wrong strong number: 1492. The correct number is 3708. Correction of rdg attribute type="alternative" (2.9) to "alternate". Misplaced
- (2023-07-19) Conf version updated to 3.1 to match KJVA version.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
John 10:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.