Installing local Bibles
In the event that your local host responds with an error during installing process, there is a few options
- Ask your hosting provider to increase your PHP limitations.
- Add some tweaks to the php.ini file, and enter some protection in the .htaccess file.
Ask Your Host
This is be far the safer option if you are not familiar with your hosting environment.
Ask them to change the memory_limit to 65M and the post_max_size to 65M in the php.ini file
Add Some Tweaks (Linux Servers only)
This is only for advanced users, the responsibility is on you, make sure you know what you are doing. Here is the basic outline of steps you would need to take.
- Find out if you can add a local php.ini file to your account
- If you can add a local override, then in your root of your website add a file with the name php.ini
- In side this file add the following two lines
post_max_size = 65M memory_limit = 65M
- Save and close this php.ini file, and open your .htaccess file
- Add the following lines of code to the top of your .htaccess file, only replace the file path to that of your own public_html folder where the php.ini file is saved.
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/username/public_html/php.ini <Files php.ini> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>
- Then save and close this .htaccess file and your ready to try the installation process again