WORD Research this...Revelation of John 17
- 1 And there cam one of the seven angels which had the seven vialles and talked with me sayinge vnto me: come I will shewe the the iudgment of the grett whore that sytteth apon many waters
- 2 with whome have commytted fornicacion the kynges of the erth so that the inhabiters of the erth are droken with the wyne of her fornicacion.
- 3 And he caryed me a waye into the wildernes in the sprete. And I sawe a woman sytt apon a rose colored best full of names of blaphemie which had ten hornes.
- 4 And the woman was arayed in purple and rose color and decked with golde precious stone and pearles and had a cup of golde in her honde full of a hominacions and fylthynes of her fornycacion.
- 5 And in her forhed was a name wrytten a mistery gret Babylon the mother of whordome and abominacions of the erth.
- 6 And I sawe the wyfe dronke with the bloud of saynctes and with the bloud of the witnesses of Iesu. And when I sawe her I wondred with grett mervayle.
- 7 And the angell sayde vnto me: wherfore mervayllyst thou? I wyll shewe the ye mistery of the woman and of the best that berith her which hath seven heddes and ten hornes.
- 8 The best that thou seest was and is not and shall ascende out of the bottomlesse pytt and shall goo into perdicion and they that dwell on the erth shall wondre (whose names are not wrytten in the boke of lyfe from ye begynnynge of the worlde) when they beholde the best that was and ys nott.
- 9 And here ys a mynde that hath wisdome. The seven heddes are seven mountaynes on which the woman sytteth:
- 10 they are also seven kynges. Fyve are fallen and on ys and onother is not yet come. Whe he cometh he muste contynew a space.
- 11 And the beste that was and ys not is even the ayght and ys one of the seven and shall goo into destruccion.
- 12 And the ten hornes which thou seist are ten kynges which have receaved no kyngdome but shall receave power as kynges at one houre with the beest.
- 13 These have one mynde and shall geve their power and strenghte vnto ye beste.
- 14 These shall fyght with the lambe and the lambe shall overcome them: For he is lorde of lordes and kynge of kynges: and they that are on hys syde are called and chosen and faythfull.
- 15 And he sayde vnto me: the waters which thou sawest where the whore syttith are people and folke and nacions and tonges.
- 16 And the ten hornes which thou sawest apon the best are they that shall hate the whore and shall make her desolate and naked and shall eate their flesshe and burne her with fyre.
- 17 For God hathe put in their hertes to fulfyll hys wyll and to do with one consent for to geve hir kyngdom vnto the beast vntill the wordes of God be fulfylled.
- 18 And the woman which thou sawest ys that gret cyte which raigneth over the kynges of the erth.
King James Version (kjv)
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale - 1)2002-09-05
William Tyndale's 1525 New Testament and 1530 Pentateuch.
This electronic edition contains only Genesis, the Gospels, Acts, Romans, 1st Corinthians, Hebrews, and Revelation from Tyndale's Bible. Thanks to Sergej Fedosov of the Slavic Bible (http://sbible.boom.ru) for providing this excellent work.
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible. English.
- Distribution Abbreviation: tyndale
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Revelation of John 17:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.