WORD Research this...Revelation 17
- 1 And there came one of the seven angels who had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying to me, Come hither; I will show to thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;
- 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed lewd deeds, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her lewdness.
- 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet-colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
- 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet-color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her lewdness:
- 5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS, AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
- 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
- 7 And the angel said to me, Why didst thou wonder? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
- 8 The beast that thou sawest, was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
- 9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
- 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short time.
- 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
- 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
- 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength to the beast.
- 14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
- 15 And he saith to me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and languages.
- 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
- 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
- 18 And the woman whom thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
King James Version (kjv)
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
Webster's Bible (wb - 1.2)2003-05-08
THE HOLY BIBLE,
CONTAINING THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS,
IN THE COMMON VERSION.
WITH AMENDMENTS OF THE LANGUAGE,
BY NOAH WEBSTER, LL. D.
PUBLISHED BY DURRIE & PECK.
Sold by HEZEKIAH HOWE & CO., and A. H. MALTBY, New Haven;
and by N.&J. WHITE, New York.
Webster Bible Electronic Format.
Beginning in July of 1991 the task of placing the Webster Bible text in electronic format began. The original purpose was to provide Larry Pierce, who produces the On-Line Bible program, with a more modern *public domain* text, similar in content and style to the AV but with a grammar that would provide better comprehension in todays English.
I plan on maintaining an accurate copy of the Webster text. Anyone finding an error should contact me; Anyone desiring to obtain the latest, most correct text, can find it on the Bible Foundation BBS, or can contact me in the following methods:
Home phone 602-829-8542
Address Mark Fuller
1129 East Loyola Drive
Tempe Arizona, 85282
Bible Foundation http://www.bf.org
I would like to thank the Bible Foundation not only for scanning nearly the entire Webster Bible but for encouraging me to undertake this monumental work; particularly around page 20 when I realized what I had gotten myself into. Special thanks to Jerry Kingery of the Bible Foundation for scanning, and Jerry Hastings for doing some preliminary scan cleaning and making the texts available on the BBS.
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible. English.
- Distribution Abbreviation: wb
- compressed module
- Fixed two small errors (noted in revision.txt)
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Revelation 17:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.