WORD Research this...Ezekiel 8
1 And it cometh to pass, in the sixth year, in the sixth
month, in the fifth of the month, I am sitting in my house, and elders of Judah are sitting before me, and fall on me there doth a hand of the Lord Jehovah,
- 2 and I look, and lo, a likeness as the appearance of fire, from the appearance of His loins and downward--fire, and from His loins and upward, as the appearance of brightness, as the colour of copper.
3 And He putteth forth a form of a hand, and taketh me by a lock of my head, and lift me up doth a spirit between the earth and the heavens, and it bringeth me in to Jerusalem in visions of God, unto the opening of the inner gate that is facing the north, where
isthe seat of the figure of jealousy that is making jealous,
- 4 and lo, there the honour of the God of Israel, as the appearance that I saw in the valley.
- 5 And He saith unto me, `Son of man, lift up, I pray thee, thine eyes the way of the north.' And I lift up mine eyes the way of the north, and lo, on the north of the gate of the altar this figure of jealousy, at the entrance.
- 6 And He saith unto me, `Son of man, art thou seeing what they are doing? the great abominations that the house of Israel are doing here, to keep far off from My sanctuary; and again thou dost turn, thou dost see great abominations.'
- 7 And He bringeth me in unto an opening of the court, and I look, and lo, a hole in the wall;
- 8 and He saith unto me, `Son of man, dig, I pray thee, through the wall;' and I dig through the wall, and lo, an opening.
- 9 And He saith to me, `Go in, and see the evil abominations that they are doing here.'
- 10 And I go in, and look, and lo, every form of creeping thing, and detestable beast--and all the Idols of the house of Israel--graved on the wall, all round about,
- 11 and seventy men of the elders of the house of Israel--and Jaazaniah son of Shaphan standing in their midst--are standing before them, and each his censer in his hand, and the abundance of the cloud of perfume is going up.
- 12 And He saith unto me, `Hast thou seen, son of man, that which elders of the house of Israel are doing in darkness, each in the inner chambers of his imagery, for they are saying, Jehovah is not seeing us, Jehovah hath forsaken the land?'
- 13 And He saith unto me, `Again thou dost turn, thou dost see great abominations that they are doing.'
14 And He bringeth me in unto the opening of the gate of the house of Jehovah that
isat the north, and lo, there the women are sitting weeping for Tammuz.
- 15 And He saith unto me, `Hast thou seen, son of man? again thou dost turn, thou dost see greater abominations than these.'
- 16 And He bringeth me in unto the inner court of the house of Jehovah, and lo, at the opening of the temple of Jehovah, between the porch and the altar, about twenty-five men, their backs toward the temple of Jehovah, and their faces eastward, and they are bowing themselves eastward to the sun.
- 17 And He saith unto me, `Hast thou seen, son of man? hath it been a light thing to the house of Judah to do the abomination that they have done here, that they have filled the land with violence, and turn back to provoke Me to anger? and lo, they are putting forth the branch unto their nose!
- 18 And I also deal in fury, Mine eye doth not pity, nor do I spare, and they have cried in Mine ears--a loud voice--and I do not hear them.'
- 1 And it cometh to pass, in the sixth year, in the sixth
King James Version (kjv)
American King James Version (akjv) American Standard Version (asv) Basic English Bible (basicenglish) Douay Rheims (douayrheims) John Wycliffe Bible (c.1395) (wycliffe) King James Version (kjv) King James Version (1769) with Strongs Numbers and Morphology and CatchWords, including Apocrypha (without glosses) (kjva) Webster's Bible (wb) Weymouth NT (weymouth) William Tyndale Bible (1525/1530) (tyndale) World English Bible (web) Young's Literal Translation (ylt)
- Greek Modern
- Manx Gaelic
- Myanmar Burmse
- Norwegian bokmal
- Scottish Gaelic
Active Persistent Session:
To use a different persistent session key, simply add it above, and click the button below.
Please Keep Your Favourite Verse Private
Your persistent session key and favourite verse provide you exclusive access to edit your. Think of your persistent session key as a username and your favourite verse as a password. Therefore, ensure your favourite verse is kept private.
The persistent session key allows viewing, while editing is only possible when the correct favourite verse is provided.
Young's Literal Translation (ylt - 1.1)2006-10-25
Young's Literal Translation
of the Holy Bible
by Robert Young, 1862, 1898
(Author of the Young's Analytical Concordance)
Printed copy available from Baker Publishing
Grand Rapids, Mi. 49516
- Direction: LTR
- LCSH: Bible. English.
- Distribution Abbreviation: ylt
- Compressed the module.
- Initial release.
Basic Hash Usage Explained
We source our Bible text directly from the Crosswire modules. To monitor any updates, we generate "hash values" for each chapter, book, and translation. These hash values serve as unique identifiers that change only when the underlying content changes, thereby ensuring a tight integration between getBible and the Crosswire modules.
Every month, an automated process runs for approximately three hours. During this window, we fetch the latest Bible text from the Crosswire modules. Subsequently, we compare the new hash values and the text with the previous ones. Any detected changes trigger updates to both our official getBible hash repository and the Bible API for all affected translations. This system has been operating seamlessly for several years.
Once the updates are complete, any application utilizing our Bible API should monitor the hash values at the chapter, book, or translation level. Spotting a change in these values indicates that they should update their respective systems.
Hash values can change due to various reasons, including textual corrections like adding omitted verses, rectifying spelling errors, or addressing any discrepancies flagged by the publishers maintaining the modules at Crosswire.
The Crosswire initiative, also known as the SWORD Project, is the "source of truth" for getBible. Any modifications in the Crosswire modules get reflected in our API within days, ensuring our users access the most precise and current Bible text. We pledge to uphold this standard as long as getBible exists and our build scripts remain operational.
We're united in our mission to preserve the integrity and authenticity of the Bible text. If you have questions or require additional information, please use our support system. We're here to assist and will respond promptly.
Thank you for your understanding and for being an integral part of the getBible community.
You should select one of your favourite verses.
This verse in combination with your session key will be used to authenticate you in the future.
This is currently the active session key.
Should you have another session key from a previous session.
You can add it here to load your previous session.
Ezekiel 8:1Notes on this verse.
The active verse selected text should load here.